Direct Advantage Membership
Over the years, we've noticed something about our members who have achieved a certain level of financial wellness. We realized there was a direct advantage between prosperity and those accounts. So, we put together the Direct Advantage membership to help members everywhere add more to their wealthcare plan, get ahead financially, and get better-than-average interest rates on both loans and savings accounts.
You can become a Direct Advantage member. All you need to do is fill out the new member application (if you're not yet a member), sign up for Direct Advantage Checking, and Direct Deposit your entire paycheck to your KaiPerm account. Do all of that and Direct Advantage is free. Call 503-813-3242 (toll free 866-813-3242) to get the most from your KaiPerm membership today.
• Free! No monthly fee!! → Look around- you'll see banks charging big fees for checking services...$6-$7-$8-per month. But here, your DA checking account - no monthly charge!
• And...earn 6% on your first $500! → Whoa! Earn interest on funds in your checking account? Who does that? WE do! To kick things off we're paying a whopping 6% APR dividend on your first $500 each month.*
• No minimum balance requirement! → No more need to keep $100 in your account to avoid a monthly fee!
• Direct Deposit! → This is a win-win. Direct Deposit works to your advantage...and to ours.
Keeping an active checking #77, 100% Direct Deposit and Virtual Branch Home Banking are the only requirements for DA Mbrshp.
• Overdraft protection → This is where it gets expensive at most banking places (like $25 to $40 each time!). But here we pull funds from your savings, money market or line of credit (see farther down) to temporarily cover any overdraft (with no transfer fees).
• Total All-Out Convenience → On-line banking=Yes! E-statements=Yes! Bill-Pay=Yes! Mobile Money (smart phone or text access) =Yes! Debit card=Yes! Charges for any of this=No!
• Extra low auto loan rates! → Down to 2.95% on your next car purchase (new or used!).**
• VISA Credit Card drops to 9.95%! → Down from 10.95%. And when you transfer any balance from a higher-rate card...you'll get a 1% rebate on the amount transferred!**
• 2.00% discount on all other loans!! → Yes our rates are already competitive...but your DA account makes your loan rate waaaay sweeter!**
• $500 automatic line of credit!! → Your DA account includes a standing line of credit ($500) - regardless of your credit - that kicks in as an additional overdraft safety net.***
• Auto transfers of loan payments! → Simple, easy and automatic. Just set and forget!****
• Higher dividend rates! → Money Market & Holiday Club accounts earn higher rates (check out dividend rate sheet for specifics).
• IRAs with no annual fee! → Again - another money-saving advantage of the credit union.
• Reduction in wire fees! → $5 (not $15) for US / $25 (not $35) for international wire
• Free Debit Card replacement! → Lost your debit card or cracked it in your pocket? No fee for replacing the card or PIN.
The Fine Print
* Your Board of Directors sets dividend rates each quarter. Rates may change at any of these times.
** Your Board of Directors sets loan rates each quarter. Rates may change at any of these times.
*** Members with established Lines-of-Credit in excess of $500 are not eligible for this feature. This credit service kicks in if/when no other funds are available in any of a member's accounts to cover an over-balance amount. When no funds are available to cover an overdraft, a fee of $19 is charged to cover any NSF item of less than $500. NSF items in excess of $500 are returned to the transferring source.
**** To initiate this service feature, simply call the credit union any time during office hours.
Please Note: DA members received a 6% dividend on the entire checking account balance posted on 12/31 in error. This will not be reversed. Beginning 01/01/2013, the correct calculation is 6% on the first $500 and 0.11% over $500.
Questions? Please let us know
ATTN: Members with Direct Advantage Checking: the dividend amount that was paid to your account on January 31, 2013 may not have been correct. If your average daily dividend balance is $500 or less, your dividends are accurate and you will not see a correction. Those members with average daily dividend balances above $500 will have an additional dividend correction posting on February 1, 2013. Please contact the credit union if you have any questions.