Privacy & Legal Policy
The KaiPerm Privacy & Legal Policy
This website is a publication of KaiPerm Northwest Federal Credit Union (AKA KaiPerm Northwest Credit Union) and is intended to provide general information about financial news and related subjects. It is not intended, nor should it be used, as legal and/or tax advice. If you have any questions, please call us at 503-813-3242.
We collect nonpublic personal information about our members from the following sources:
- Information we receive from members on applications and other forms.
- Information about member transactions with us.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- Information obtained when verifying the information members provide on applications or other forms; this may be obtained from current or past employers, or from other institutions where financial transactions are conducted.
- Tax returns, collateral insurance binders.
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies.
- Non-Financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers, plastic card processors, direct marketers, and government agencies.
In order for us to conduct the business of the Credit Union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements so that we may provide members with competitive products and services. We may also disclose non-public personal information about our members under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on our members' behalf, conduct the operations of the Credit Union, follow member instructions as authorized, or to protect the security of our financial records.
If at any time a member terminates their membership with KaiPerm, we will not share information we have collected, except as may be permitted or required by law. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information to those employees who need to know the information in order to provide products and services to our members. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard our members' non-public personal information.
What You Can Do To Help
Members can help protect the privacy of their personal information by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers), and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc., to other persons. If someone calls, saying that the call is on behalf of the Credit Union, and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official Credit Union staff have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with the Credit Union current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of your account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.